Don’t have time for intensive skin care? Get started with these five stress-free tips:
1. Protect Yourself from Sun Exposure
- Sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and might lead to skin cancer. To protect from sunlight, you may:
- Use sunscreen: Apply sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15, and reapply every two hours or more
- Look for shade: Avoid the sun between 10AM and 2PM, when the sun’s rays are the strongest
- Wear protective clothing: Cover your skin with long-sleeved shirts, long pants and hats.
2. No Cigarette
Smoking contributes to wrinkles. It makes you look older and damages collagen and elastin in your body. Collagen and elastin are very important because these fibers give your skin strength and elasticity. In addition, the repetitive facial expressions you make when smoking can contribute to wrinkles. Therefore, the best way to protect your skin is to quit smoking. You may ask your doctor for tips to help you stop smoking.
3. Treat Your Skin Gently
Day-to-day cleansing and shaving can take harm your skin. Here are some tips to keep it gentle:
- Limit bath time: Taking long showers with hot water remove oils from your skin. You should limit your bath time and use warm rather than hot water.
- Avoid strong soaps: Strong soaps and detergents can strip oil from your skin. Instead, choose mild cleansers.
- Shave wisely: Apply shaving cream or lotion before shaving. Make sure you use a clean, sharp razor for the closest shave and should not shave against the hair grow.
- Nourish dry skin: Use a moisturizer that fits your skin type if your skin is dry. For everyday use, choose a moisturizer that contains SPF.
4. Eat a Healthy Diet
A healthy diet like plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins can help you feel your best. The link between diet and acne isn’t defined, but some researchers recommend that a diet rich in vitamin C and low in unhealthy fats promote younger looking skin.
5. Manage Stress
Stress can trigger acne breakouts and make your skin more sensitive. You should take the following steps to control your stress in order to have healthy skin and a well state of mind. The results might be more dramatic than you expect.
- Set reasonable time
- Make time for yourself