Sun damage builds up over time. It is necessary to use sunscreen every day. Below are some guidelines to protect your skin from sun rays.
- Do not expose to the sun between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM because the sun’s rays at these hours are very intense
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen that is water resistant and has an SPF of 30 or higher
- Make sure a lip balm or lipstick that you use contains sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30
- Always apply sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before going outdoors
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours and every hour if you are swimming or sweating
- Do not use sunscreen if it is expired
- Avoid sunbathing often